Pretty Little Liars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» United that the charge
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 pm by uggboots159

» Conditions mortgage
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm by uggboots159

» Expected to announce
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 pm by uggboots159

» Address the crowd
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:40 pm by uggboots159

» The to positions
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 pm by uggboots159

» It is good to see something coming
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 pm by uggboots159

» Indicate that the global market
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 am by have36a

» National adolescent
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 am by uggboots159

» exchanged fires
Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:01 am by have36a

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Could You Accept Queer As Folk ?

Go down

Could You Accept Queer As Folk ? Empty Could You Accept Queer As Folk ?

Post  Jessica520 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 am

After the success of Queer as Folk seasons in England, the series has been remade for the States. Set in Philadelphia, the Queer as Folk follows the loves, lives and friends in a group of gay men and woman living in the city and dealing with the triumphs and tribulations of being gay in the new millennium.
Queer As Folk is an American and Canadian television series co-production, produced by Showtime and Temple Street Productions, which was based on the British series of the same name, created by Russell T Davies. The North American version of Queer As Folk dvd was developed by Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman, who were also the writers and executive producers, along with Tony Jonas, former President of Warner Bros. Television. The series employed various Canadian directors known for their independent film work (including Bruce McDonald, David Wellington, Kelly Makin, John Greyson, Jeremy Podeswa and Michael DeCarlo) as well as famed Australian director Russell Mulcahy (Highlander) who directed the pilot episode. Additional writers in the later Queer As Folk seasons included Michael MacLennan, Efrem Seeger, Brad Fraser, Del Shores, and Shawn Postoff.
After watching it,I just wanted to say that this show has changed television forever, not just because it pushed the envelope - actually, it EXPLODED the envelope - but also because of all the lives it touched, informed and/or changed. This show crossed all barriers, appealing to every kind of viewer, thanks to the beautifully written characters, magnificently realized by the superb cast, and I for one am sad to see it end, this once-in-a-lifetime bold and redemptive journey.

Jessica520
Loner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum