Pretty Little Liars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» United that the charge
Casting All Wrong? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 pm by uggboots159

» Conditions mortgage
Casting All Wrong? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm by uggboots159

» Expected to announce
Casting All Wrong? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 pm by uggboots159

» Address the crowd
Casting All Wrong? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:40 pm by uggboots159

» The to positions
Casting All Wrong? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 pm by uggboots159

» It is good to see something coming
Casting All Wrong? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:37 pm by uggboots159

» Indicate that the global market
Casting All Wrong? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 am by have36a

» National adolescent
Casting All Wrong? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 am by uggboots159

» exchanged fires
Casting All Wrong? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:01 am by have36a

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Casting All Wrong?

5 posters

Go down

Casting All Wrong? Empty Casting All Wrong?

Post  Clairvoyance Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Personally, I don't think they nailed any of the characters for the casting. I pictured Aria to be a lot more exotic looking, and Emily to be more innocent, and obviously have red hair. While the actress for Hanna is gorgeous (all the actresses are), I feel like she's still not as ... mature as I imagined? I pictured her to look older and a lot prettier than the other girls, and definitely not blonde haha. Spencer also didn't turn out how I pictured, although I feel like she's the most accurate of the four, just not the right hair colour, again. The girl they picked for Alison is even more accurate than Spencer, but still not as perfect as I thought ...

Also, from watching the trailer, it doesn't look like they changed at all from when they were friends with Alison, to the time after Alison died. I may have misinterpreted it though, but if they don't change at all, that's going to be pretty upsetting, considering that's the whole basis of the novels, and Hanna going from chubby to thin and beautiful is kiiind of important.

What do you think about the casting? Is it going to ruin reading the next book? I'm afraid to watch the show now because I don't want the image I have of all the characters to be tainted by the television interpretations.

Also, how do you think the author must feel about this? I personally would never let any book I wrote be made into a movie or TV series unless I was consulted for every casting call, plot change, and filming location. Some directors do books terrible injustice.

Clairvoyance
Loner

Back to top Go down

Casting All Wrong? Empty OMG

Post  PrettyLittleKat16 Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:43 pm

Totally!! so agreeing with you!
PrettyLittleKat16
PrettyLittleKat16
Loner

Back to top Go down

Casting All Wrong? Empty Re: Casting All Wrong?

Post  nefaruru Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Yeah, i mean then whats the point of hanna's character? That was kindof her whole purpose they just cut out.
and the hair thing with her really bothered me cause she was kindof popular in a DIFFERENT way from most girls (and Ali).
and appart from exotic i was thinking TALLER for aria
I know wat u mean about ur mental image though. I started reserching the actresses since 2 books ago and it was never quite the same after i saw them Crying or Very sad
nefaruru
nefaruru
Funny Girl/boy

Back to top Go down

Post  summerxsun Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm

I think the casting is okay, most people watching the show didn't read the books. They just changed a lot of things plot wise too, (it happened one year earlier instead of in 7th grade, etc). So the character thing doesn't bother me as much as some of the plot changes.

summerxsun
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post  summerxsun Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

What I think is weird is that they are setting it up to make Jenna look like she is A. And Mona is hardly a character. I wonder if they're going to change who is A, or they're just making it less obvious by making it look so obviously Jenna. But Hannah and Mona are supposed to be BFFs, but they are hardly hanging out or anything.. Thoughts??

summerxsun
Loner

Back to top Go down

Casting All Wrong? Empty I agree!

Post  falloutgirl0522 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 am

I agree, I think that the casting is totally a 360 from the books. VERY disappointed; however, I will still keep watching the series.
Like they always say, the books are always better than the movie/show :)

falloutgirl0522
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down